Yosemite

2011

These are photos from the beginning of our adventure home from San Francisco to Austin.  We decided to take a week getting back and visit some National Parks on the way. There were many laughs and many an inside joke made. I don't think I'll be able to ever ask anyone if they would like a piece of chocolate cake ever again without bursting into laughter. Thanks, Monty!   


Before we even paid our fee to enter the park we were greeted by this roaring rapid that followed us all the way into the park. 


He's hot.


In case you were wondering (we were!) a waterfall is water falling over just one cliff as in Brideveil Fall. Waterfalls as in Yosemite Falls are, you guessed it, water that falls over more than one cliff. Brilliant! 

Brideveil again.  Breath taking.


We pulled over here and there to look around and smell the sweet, clean air.  We dipped our toes in  the water out of curiosity. It was freezing. That didn't stop Monty and Austin from gathering some really cool pieces of driftwood.


Monty's job was to keep everyone up to date with pictures from our travels home by posting them on Facebook. Let's give him a hand for a job well done!


We had actually already passed this fall and were circling back when I saw that it had a rainbow in it! Holy freaking  &*%$! No way! With squeals of utter joy I demanded Monty turn us around at once and at all costs! We only upset a few drivers doing so and really, what were we supposed to do?  Rainbow. Waterfall. Enough said. All it needed was a unicorn flying over head and my twelve year old dreams would have come true!


Waiting for Monty so we can go under Brideveil, which, you guessed it, was amazing!  


Yosemite Falls


On the way out we were passed this spectacular beauty. It sounded as crisp and clear as it looks. I don't know that I have ever been to a place so peaceful and so serene in my life. If the temperature hadn't dropped 40 degrees I would have pulled out a blanket to lay on and soak up the beauty of it all. I don't do cold so we kept on driving.

Next up, Mammoth and The Hoover Damn! I mean, dam.

Comments

Popular Posts