Levi Plaza, Telegraph Hill, Coit Tower and Stairs, Stairs, Stairs!

2010


Since moving to San Francisco from Austin a couple months ago I've been having a really hard time adjusting emotionally. After living in Austin for 22 years and forming deep bonds with people I've been feeling pretty cut off and lonely here in The City. It wouldn't be unfair to say I've been feeling depressed.

Today I decided to take the bull by the horns and go out and explore. I grabbed Austin, a ton of cash and made sure my phone was charged. We were off like a herd of turtles, as my dad would say.

We missed the first two buses mostly because I don't know how to use public transit, but eventually found the right one and started out on our adventure to beautiful North Beach. Austin picked a cafe on the corner and we ate pizza and biscuits then headed up one of those famous San Francisco hills. Boy was it a hill. The muscles in my thighs were spasm-ing every time we stopped. When Austin was tired he told me and we would sit for a bit and then keep going until we reached Telegraph Hill.



Can you imagine living here? Telegraph Hill is famous for having a colony of wild parrots.  We never saw them but could hear loud chattering. Was it them? I like to think so. 



After the long trek up Telegraph Hill we headed down (thank god) to Levi Strauss Plaza at which point I was ready to sit. 




Austin said, "What about over there under that tree? That looks nice."  



Coit Tower was next on our list which meant more stairs and hills.  There is a 360 view of San Francisco at the top of the tower so that was our motivation. That and there was an elevator ride to the top.



We made it! Today was amazing and just what I needed to feel healthy and happy again. I looked up how many stairs there are from Telegraph Hill to Coit Tower. Over 500! Whew! I can feel it.

Comments

Popular Posts