The Grand Canyon

2011

When we first walked up to the Grand Canyon we were all in disbelief. It really doesn't look real.  Austin and I both commented on how it looked like someone pulled a screen down to make it look like something was there. The scene just goes on and on and you can't see where it ends.  It was amazing!


The color, the sky, the depth were all too much to believe.


Monty and Austin posing next to the rickety fence keeping them from falling over the edge and plunging to their death.


Oh my gosh! Wrap him up and stick him with a bow. I'll take him!


The Hopi House, a living museum planned by Mary Jane Colter in which Hopi Indians could live while making and selling traditional crafts.

Our story for the day ends here. It didn't end on a high note. Austin and Monty may have ditched me on accident without keys, water, cell phone, money or knowledge of where they were going when it was 534 degrees outside. I may have yelled at both of them to relieve the actual steam that was coming out of my ears.

The stars at night at the Grand Canyon are beautiful though.

Comments

Popular Posts